Translate

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Life after Death

This is a picture of my Daughter Jenny, taken a few months before she passed away. She is looking quite pensive here but beautiful.




Not even a great quality photo, but I love this candid moment...

When she passed, a piece of me was taken and it left a huge empty space inside me. I had a breakdown and was admitted to the psychiatric hospital for about two weeks. 

They offered art therapy at the facility I was in. The first thing we did was collage playing cards. There were all kinds of paint colors, images, and magazines. The first piece I made was torn pieces of an image of a beautiful woman. Then I put the word "Madness" across it. That collage was the epitome of how life I felt after Jenny's accidental death in 2004, at age 20.

Art therapy coupled with my rawness at that time made for some interesting art. And now besides being my Husbands full time caregiver, I am also a full time artist soon to open a shop. Art helped me heal. Art gave me a way to express myself and "glue" if you will, all the pieces of myself back together.

Just like gluing a broken vase back together... 
Where the pieces were broken is still visible, and it can't hold water anymore, but it can hold silk or dried flowers!
 An adjustment to the vases purpose...

In my case Art replaced Nursing...
I'll talk a little more about this some day, but right now I'm wondering if you have ever grieved something, or someone? What helped you cope? I'm very interested in how you or others you may know have coped with loss.

Have a great weekend, and remember to get help if you need it. I look forward to your comments! 

Tanya

No comments:

Post a Comment