Translate

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Into Pt.1

So, life drastically changed for "The Hubs" and I since his 2 strokes and ongoing therapy. We are rolling with the changes tho, and have been reminded to be grateful for little things. Like just being home together, after his 3 month stay in the Hospital and in patient therapy.
 Now, I am his full time caregiver and part time artist. I love to paint children's art and abstracts, my favorite mediums are acrylic and guache.

 I quit Nursing and became a full time artist after my oldest Daughter passed away in an accident in 2004. She was 20 years old. I went to a mental hospital for about 10 days, because at her funeral I had a complete melt down...
At the hospital we had art therapy! It saved my life at that time. I now know my true calling. Art! My soul....poured out on canvas.

Everyone has struggles, changes, and obstacles...
What are some of the ways you cope with these things? I love hearing  how others cope with changes in their lives. Sometimes devastating change can bring about a whole new part of a person that they didn't realize was even there before. I'd love to hear from you! Questions and comments are always welcome.

Hope you have a great week.
Laura Rettig Bishop


4 comments:

  1. I cope with negative things by trying to grow from it. It sounds like you were able to turn something devastating into something beautiful. You are inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your daughter, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Who are you caring for at home, if you don't mind me asking? You can email me at vintageheartfeltdesigns2@mail.com if you like

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Denise, Thank you. I am caring for my Husband. He had the strokes. One was from a clogged carotid artery, and one from a brain bleed. The brain bleed happened when he first started taking a blood thinner. The Doctor thought it was all under control, but no. His blood thickness is perfect now, but he has to be careful not to eat foods with a lot of vitamin K. Like dark green leafy veggies. Thanks for asking : )

      Delete
  3. Thank you Megan. It's been a process. A day by day process.

    ReplyDelete